Thursday, March 17, 2011

Water The Pre-Date



Now  , I must say just like anything, it is best that you warm up to the main event.  For instance , you have to stretch and warm up before exercise, you have to warm up with a few scales before you sing and you do pre-game before a party just to get yourself hyped. I know I'm not the only one who gets the music going  while I get dressed, try on clothes, and put on make-up before a night out . That being said, why not have a pre-date. Something nice and simple , get some of the jitters out but still meeting. I  am a fan of pre-dates only because I now don't have to waste time on  a first date with you . I don't have to spend time with you in agony being awkward over dinner, annoyed at the park, or anything else that involves being stuck with your behind for more time than I would like.

I just had my own pre-date recently, actually, last night.  Like my girl Fiyah, I tried online dating however, I was a little less fruitful and I will talk about my jaw dropping experiences at another time. I met this guy online . So this was a guy I have been talking to over the phone for about a month and given my hectic schedule , we haven't been able to meet. Oddly enough, he does not live nearby so timing wasn't right. He  called me to let me know he was in my area and he just wanted to meet me. I said sure. I definitely did NOT let him know where I lived but I did let him meet me somewhere I could walk to (and was well lit) .

Now although Water is calm usually  , I had 8 minutes to be dressed and outside. Now, I was  not dressed, hair not combed or styled, and kind of out of it. That is the FASTEST  I've ever put myself together . I was downstairs in 10 minutes and I didn't go overly spectacular. I definitely destroyed my house in  the process.  As I said before , Water can be very distructive.  Anyway , my outfit was  Stylish but still casual . No make up sheer lip gloss, hair pinned back , a cute jacket,  flat leather boots and skinny jeans......I have to say, I did good.

I walk out, not knowing what to expect but because I'm in my neighborhood , I know help would not be far away in case he was a crazy. I'm sorry, but I'm so paranoid . I worry about everything. He was dressed casually as well. A button down, not shaved, but not too much stubble. I looked at him. I saw through his looks and into his activities that  are starting to take a toll on him. Still cute though. He asked me to sit in his car . I refused . He didn't give me the creeps , I honestly just wanted to be difficult. We talked. He made the biggest mistake you could ever make with me. Asking me a question and telling me to be completely honest. (WHAT WAS HE THINKING!!!!!!) But I obliged, as he needed to know who he's dealing with and if it was worth it to him to see if he wanted honesty, or wanted a compliment.

He asked," Was I what you expected?, be honest" ....I thought to myself. Hes shorter than I thought. Looks a little older. Sleep deprivation and the days of undergrad drinking no longer able to hide with youth . I thought he is still cute despite my observations as I am an investigator. Hes neat, nice hands does not work with his hands but his mind. I liked it.  So then I told him the truth all that came to my mind. " You look like you drink a lot . You have bags under your eyes."   I went on to say, "You don't sleep a lot and you look like it ".  I know, I know maybe I could have been a little tactful , however he asked me to be honest . So I hurt his feelings but  I told him I did find him attractive.  He got over it......I think.  I  asked him the same. He said, " I love your mole"-they all do. 

We talked as we usually do ,just as we did over the phone. We laughed as we usually did. Phone chemistry and in person chemistry is congruent. YES! So we are supposed to set a  date.  He called me while he was on the road and text when he got home. I was pleased.   All was right in Water's soul.  No  waves, just still water.  Now this is the pre-date gone right. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good time but Water you really could have used more tact. Men dont really want honesty in that area just as women dont. I would have played nice and said YES you are what I was expecting (or a "pretty much" would do). I personally would have saved that for a "remember when" conversation later on if this works out to be "the one" But if no like was lost then I guess it doesnt matter now..lol
    Keep on Keepin on and I will keep on reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I agree at little more tact could have been used, butttt I love the fact that you were honest and being yourself. We all need to work on being more honest and upfront sooner, rather than later.

    Akuma

    ReplyDelete