Friday, March 11, 2011

Fiyah

"The Matching Game"

You remember that game when we were children?  You know the one; you place cards face down and have to find the match of the first card you pick up.  It is supposedly a brain exercise, because it helps with memory. Well, recently, I have decided to play The Matching Game again... only this time I'm not using cards, but using Match.com.  Yes, I said it... Match.com.

We live in an age where the taboo of internet dating is lessening greatly.  Many people who would secretly scan the net for a mate are now coming out.  Thousands, maybe millions, of people are on sites like OKCupid, Match.com, and PlentyofFish.  It has become so popular that the sometimes crazy, sometimes sexy, Brittany Spears has PlentyofFish shown in her new music video.  So, I joined, and I searched.  I "turned the cards" over, if you will, by first clicking the picture of the guys who are ideally my type, and then reading their pages to see if what was inside matched my initial attraction.  So far, I've only been on for a week, I have seen quite a few men who fit the description of what I like on the outside, but when I read their pages I see that they aren't exactly what I'm looking for... so I flip the cards back over and start again.  I think the reason I like Match is because I can write EXACTLY what I am looking for, and there will not be any surprises in the long run.  For example, I put in my profile that I want a man with no children but definitely wants children.  Now wait, I know what you're thinking, "But Fiyah, what if he's a good guy?"  Even if he's a good guy, he's not the one for me.  I want to be with someone who is on the same page as me.  I don't know what it is like to be a mother yet, and I would love to be with someone who will take the journey with me as a new father.

So here I am, burning with curiosity as only Fiyah can (Oh yea... the puns won't stop LoL)  I will keep you all updated on my search and tell you if any of the cards I flip prove to be a "match made in cyber-heaven".

1 comment:

  1. The older we get the harder it is to stand on the 'no kids" rule.

    Akuma

    ReplyDelete