Tuesday, July 3, 2012

I'm not a Kid Anymore (Part I)

  It was my birthday weekend and I went to a party.  I was invited by my ex-fantasy crush that has always been nice to me even when I wasn’t one of the cool kids.   He is from what I know of him a great person funny etc etc. I have no interest in dating him seriously but back in my teenage years; I thought about it.  I thought about having a crush on him.   Now he’s like a cousin I don’t see much.

   His best friend who was just overall a mean person to me when I was in my awkward stage was also going to be there as well. I remember the years that I did not have the nice things that I have now or the looks either and he made clear to point out whatever he saw. I let it roll over my back because I chalked that up to that’s just how some are and I didn’t think anything of it.  When I think back, if it wasn't me I would think it was funny.   I can’t remember what he said to me specifically but I remember how I used to feel inside. 

I remember telling my friend about them while I was on my way to the party and she stated that the mean one probably liked me. I laughed and said that’s just not possible. She looked at me sideways and stated,”We'll see when you get there". I too gave her the side eye and said whatever. 

 I quickly put my friend’s sentiments out of my mind as we made our way to the party. We caught up on missed time and when I got to the party I saw old friends from high school and Jr. High and elementary school.  It was fun catching up on current events and laughing and reminiscing on old ones. Anyway, at the party there was a very tall and handsome guy who I really wanted to talk to.  Honestly I’m not even sure he was that cute because I love a tall man.  I sigh when I write this as he was just dreamy in every sense of the word. We talked a little. He said he had a job and was raising his son himself- admirable.  He then was called away by someone who was at the party. I wasn’t fazed but I really wanted to talk to him.  He was polite and laughed at my jokes but I could tell he just didn’t want to get too close to me.  Now in hindsight I realized that maybe he wasn’t interested -but someone else was.

Look for part two to find out who was.

No comments:

Post a Comment