Sunday, July 10, 2011

Memories Dont Live Like People Do.... They never die ( Water)

I didn't know I missed him until I started reminiscing about him. I remember him so clearly as if the last time I saw him was not 5 years ago. I remember the date , but I don't want to be that much of a sap. Anyway, I remember , he gave me a bottle holder and something else. He was always giving me something, but could never say anything. I can say , out of all the guys I talked to for the purpose of possibly dating, he is the only one I still speak to from time to time.To see how he's doing. The only one I care about.  I wonder about him, his thoughts,  his feelings, if he's OK. And of course I think of what could have been.  Its like  the relationship between  Nia Long and Taye Diggs  characters in the movie "The Best Man" . I wonder what would have happened , If we were older, more comfortable with ourselves and  less afraid of the restrictions on  us set forth by society.  Perhaps, I  would be sitting next to him instead of sitting here typing bout him. 

My reasons for saying this is because he was just so different from me but were were the same in that we had pure hearts but we were wet behind the ears, about to graduate and although the law said we were adults, we had no idea what life was about . Despite this, the minimal idea of what we did have in mind about life, differed vastly.  I digress. I said all of this to say. That the memories of him that I had that year of college  , was something that I will never forget.  Memories don't  live like people do. There is always that one , that  you always  wonder what if. The memories  every now and again keep you going. But unfortunately, you must move forward  as I must.

1 comment:

  1. maybe you won't have closure until you actually have the conversation with him as to why nothing ever happened

    ReplyDelete