Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gotta Have a J.O.B. ( Water )

 So , I fell off the deep end , so sue me. I actually have to do some dating to have something to say.  I have been dating heavily lately. So , I will be hitting you with various experiences that I have had since we last met. OK . Without further delay........


Pebbles was right one when she said "Gotta have a J-O-B if you wanna be with me , Ain't nothing going on but the rent".  Now I do not know for sure if I  sound gold digger-esque by saying it but here goes  . Listen , I work hard for what I have and I don't want to support anyone else. I have a  career, a degree, and a nice apartment. So I do bring a lot to the table when I say , You need a job and to be in command of your financial situation when it comes to wanting to date me. This brings me to the last guy I was seeing.   In his defense, he did  have a Job but  I guess, it was not working for him.  We had been seeing one another for 2 months. I met him at a lounge. I usually don't even speak to the guys I meet when I go to those types of places. But he seemed  "different" (But they all seem different at the initial juncture ). He didn't seem hard up or in a rush to get me naked.  So I gave him a chance.
.    
   First, things were going well but he would never pick me up , only drop me off. When I asked about it, he said he could not afford to because of gas prices. I accepted that because I know the gas prices are outrageous .  Another incident ,  He asked me to pay for parking because we were downtown and he couldn't find anything and had to pay a parking garage.  After that  it was  groceries for a BBQ .  Then the icing on the cake was ,  (drum roll)  He asked me to pay a parking ticket.  Pump the breaks home boy!   I thought to myself, You want me to do WHAT!?   I could not believe the audacity. This was not my boyfriend, this was not someone I had known for years or even half a year , yet he thought it was OK to ask me for cash dollars.  Big mistake .

I thought to myself , if its like this two months in, I could only imagine what it would be like 2 years in. I couldn't. I just could not  understand why , if  you have a job , you don't have any money ? What could you possibly be spending your cash on?  It causes me to think that  you  have other things going on that prevent you from properly managing your finances. Also , in 2 months why am I suddenly your go-to-guy? All I knew was that this was a responsibility that I did not want.  I do understand that we all have our hard times,however , If you have hard times, there is no reason you should be out clubbing . I also believe, that as a man, you should be a provider and I was not seeing the potential to provide for me.  So , I split . 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah it was time for him to kick rocks then cause he cant provide, even if you dont "need" him to he should still be able too. Whats next, he asks you to pay his car note???..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe his go to guy was tired of dishing out too, next would have been half his rent

    ReplyDelete