Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cheater Cheater Pumpkin Eater (Water)

What if you love pumpkins, you have a squash but you know you love pumpkins. You see a pumpkin and because you have a squash you try and try but you can't help but  succumb to the temptation of the pumpkin. So you don't let it pass you by. 

 Some of you are saying why the heck is water talking about gourd vegetables? What does she mean. I mean this; Yes, there is a story coming.   I was dating someone who I thought I liked until I met, HIM. Now , I'm not the date around go around have plenty type. I have never ever done this before. I could say it was all him but it wasn't . He was EXTREMELY handsome  and tall.  And in all honesty, you don't have to look good but  there is something about a man over 6'3" that gets me going.

 I  met him at  a party,  ( I told you , I've been doing some heavy living this summer)  .  My friend invited him.  The minute I saw him , my friend walked over to me and said, " I know that's how you like them "  . She, ladies and gentelment (ha ha) is  a true friend, the woman was spot on  and I was  in another mode .  In an instant, the  thought of the squash I was seeing  was squashed like a fly on the wall and all I saw, was my pumpkin prince. 

 Aside from being handsome,  he had a career, a masters and his own apartment. I could not let that pass me up.  So I  talked to him.  You know, the small talk.   Whats your name , whats your sign.   I then gave him my number . He called me  and we began texting  while at the party.   Oddly enough, it seemed everyone and their mother was  at that party, co workers , old friends and  friends of friends so as we moved through the place ,  we texted .  So, he asked me to go home with him.  I tried to fight it by saying no. But, deep down inside , I  knew I was going.  I eventually agreed and I gave him one of  my usual off-color caveat's .  I told him , he was not getting any, and if he decided to commit a crime against me, there was no one to defame my character  and nothing to damage my credibility . He laughed and  agreed , so I went. 

He  was a gentleman.  He talked a lot , which was weird to me because I thought he would spend the late night trying to get in my pants- he didn't.  We talked and we kissed .  We fell asleep spooning . It was sweet, though I did feel bad for going home with a stranger. Anyway,   I fell asleep. I found a peace next to him that I have never found laying next to any of my exes or alone in my bed. I was totally knocked out.  I felt , safe. I felt comfortable. I was confused and did not know what to do.  Not to mention, I was supposed to be seeing someone  who I was supposed to like. I was seeing someone who I was supposed to be building something with. Yet, I found myself in the arms of another man.  Most say this was not  cheating,  but if the shoe was on the other foot, I would have had a fit. 

 So  I confess , I am a cheater cheater pumpkin eater. 

2 comments:

  1. I have been in your position and now I am married to my pumpkin...Thank God that when the "feeling" happens, we go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @ pumpkin/ squash. He got it all together, I would be intrigued as well

    ReplyDelete