Friday, August 12, 2011

Hard of Hearing

I spent the better part of 6 years chasing him . Ladies and gentlemen 2 years into the chase . I knew I was in love. This was it . He had a good family . one of my best friends were related to him and lastly I was sexually attracted to him though I wasn't even having sex yet at the time .
The only problem was that he did not" like me like that " he said I wasn't his type . for some reason I never got that . I never understood what he meant . Now its not that I'm dense it was just that my plan for him was way more important than anything he was telling me . I just knew we would be together .
we played cat and mouse for years . it was on off . I hate you , you hate me. I love you , you hate me . I love you , you like me . this was how it was . I didn't understand how if he hated me so much and wasn't into me . Why the back and forth . Why the let's try . Why even bother with me at all . But at the end of the day . He knew he had me where he wanted me . I was defenseless against his experience and his power over me. He knew me .
I thought things would change with time and they did. The thing is . Things got worse . We yelled , we screamed , we dated other people in between all throughout he said the same things I refused to hear . I wasn't his type .
had I listened . I could have spared myself a lot of heartache tears , years and pain had I just listened . I could have found someone who could appreciate who I was . But at that time when I was focused on a goal , there was nothing anyone could do . I couldn't hear anything but success. Unfortunately that was my epic fail .

1 comment: