Monday, May 2, 2011

(Water)You Can find him in the club?


I know, I know just like a man , I left  my followers just hanging. No warning, no nothing  and im back with promises to try to keep  on my job.  Well folks, I have to live in order to have something to talk about.  Well , since  I have been on vacation from my 9-5  when its usually a 9-9   and since then I have been doing a lot of thinking. Well, I  went to a party...yes, water went to a party. I couldn't remember the last time I have been to one.   It was a friends party  and it was one of  the milestone ones i could not opt out. So I do what I usually do, sit down and pretend like I have no rhythm and  babysat a drink.   As the barrage of genere's of music continued to play, my weakness arrived. Reggae and Soca. I sat  and swayed my hips from side to side moving to the tides of the music.  He  came to me , extremely respectfully asking me to dance. To tell the truth, I rolled my eyes but he was the tall dark type , so i said  to myself , why not? So I danced with him. I gave him the most half-fast / half assed wine I could muster up.  I am a inflictor / victim of self sabotage.  He said he'd teach me to dance. I laughed as little did he know , I was faking it .  In my mind all I had to do was not hear any of my "jams".  As long as they did not play any of my soca favorites , I  would not be in trouble and I would not be discovered. 

So he asks me if  I woud like a drink. I thought  no no no. But he insisted and I insisted I would not drink it. He bought it anyway.  While he went to get me a drink,  it happened. They played one of my "jams" I tried hard to resist the rhythm but  by the time the singer began to sing I was in a full wine . When I was spinning around the dance floor , he came back.  I , was caught.  He said nothing and handed me the drink and walked away. I was confused but I continued to dance and then I went over to talk to him.  His leaving me alone and polite demeanor confused me and intruiged me. I could not help  myself. Water lives for a mystery.  I walked up to him and said , you never told me your name. He  said, this lonng  name I knew I would never get but he luckily said people call him a nick name which consisted of 2 letters.  I was glad I did not have to remember his real name. He had  what I often mention I love.-an accent( smile , deep sigh)  . We talked ,  and we  went outside to talk. We just talked. He was easy to talk to  and, he was smart, he knew of global issues , clonialism, politics and we were able to just laugh.  My mind smiled but was not completely convinced.  But  he could talk to me. He could talk to me about anything.  Not to toot my own horn but , its rare that someone could match wits with me.  I gave him my number but I still wasnt convinced but he had all the credence. He had a job, a car, a degree and is in grad school and he could keep  up with me intellectually.  Yet I wasn't convinced was it possible to find him in the club ?

1 comment:

  1. Akuma~ lol "Water lives for a mystery". I'm just wondering if you didn't go after him, would he have returned.

    ReplyDelete