Monday, May 9, 2011

Fiyah

There comes a time...

About a week ago I was roaming Facebook.  I mean, you know how it is: You go to read or respond to a post, then you click on a friend's page, which leads to another friend's page, and so on.  So, I got to a page of a young girl from a church I used to attend, and began looking at her "Likes".  A particular quote stood out for me; "She's gonna chase you for a while, but there comes a time when she will give up; that's gonna be the day that you wish you had let her catch you."  My time has come.  I give up.


As you know, I have been talking to "October" since October, and we are in the same place that we were then, now.  Last night I gave up on him, on all of them actually.  You see, there are about three guys in my life at the moment and none of them are holding up to their potential.

Exhibit A: October. 28 years-old, good career, handsome, physically fit, amazing sense of humor, and "doesn't have time for a relationship right now."
Exhibit B: Queensbridge. 31 years-old, ok job, handsome, could lose a few, dry wit, and "is always busy."
Exhibit C: The Ex that could have been the One: 27 years-old, employed, handsome, my soul mate, and "had another girlfriend for four years while I was with him for two."

So, here are these three guys that have the potential to be amazing, but they flopping right now.  So, I give up.  I just want to be alone. My best friend is constantly telling me about what a catch I am, and for a while I didn't realize.  Well, I do now.  I'm exhausted with the so-so bullshit.  There comes a time... and my time is now.

2 comments:

  1. You haven't given up . You have decided to believe in yourself and what you deserve

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed with last comment. They didnt deserve you. ~Akuma

    ReplyDelete