Friday, June 29, 2012

He Got Cut ( Part I)


    I went to a surprise party   a few weekends ago.  I was sitting there in a room full of people that I did not know too well.  I then saw this guy. He was handsome, had a nice body and was well dressed.  The only problem was, he was with someone. Though embarrassed about it now, when I saw who he was with, I shook my head in disgust. I was so disappointed that he was with this girl who was not dressed; hair was not done and overall, was not me.  I was as they say “hating”.  I realized it a few moments later and I decided that it was a bad idea to do these things and if he was with her, it must be for a reason and looks aren’t everything.  I checked myself quickly and sat quietly until the guest of honor arrived along with his wife (who is one of my good friends).  I hugged them and said hello and talked with my friend as she walked by the guy and his girlfriend.  The girl asked me to take a picture of my friend and her.  As she was handing me the camera, the guy   took the camera and told me to get into the picture.  So I did.  I gave my best Colgate smile and posed.  The guy then wanted to take a picture with me and my friend.   I knew this wouldn’t be a good idea but me being the lady I am; I did not want to be rude – at least not yet.

   He got into the picture and handed the girlfriend the camera.  He posed in the middle of me and my friend and put his hands around our waists. After the picture was taken, he then told me how cute I was and that he worked in Maine and was in town visiting. He reported that he was in the NAVY and would be retiring next year. He offered to buy me a drink and wanted to give me his number. I asked about the girlfriend and he stated that they were just friends. I was confused.  I said I hope he was sure because I could not be arrested due to assault or having a fight as I had a very good job. 

He laughed. He   assured me that they were just friends. I took his number and went to enjoy the party. Then I sat next to the girl and saw that she seemed uncomfortable.  I said to myself that there is more to this story.  I then said to myself to try to eliminate him.  I asked him if he had any children.  He said he had two.  When he saw the horror on my face he should have stopped talking. Two children are too many. I wished my story ended here but it doesn’t

No comments:

Post a Comment